The Mayor of Town and Commune – Romuald Krzyżosiak The Secretary of Town and Commune – Paulina Drozdowska The Treasurer of Town and Commune - Grażyna Niedbała The President of the Town Council – Fabian Małecki
The address details:
Urząd Miasta i Gminy
ul. Rynek 26, 63-930 Jutrosin
phone number 65 5471 419
website: www.jutrosin.eu e-mail address: email@example.com
Jutrosin Commune is located in the south–west part of Wielkopolska Lowland in Wielkopolskie Voivodeship, Rawicz district. The neighbouring communes are: Kobylin, Zduny, Milicz, Miejska Górka and Pakosław. The Orla River, which is the right tributary of the Barycz River, flows through the middle of the commune. The commune area is 114,9 km². In the commune there are 19 villages: Bartoszewice, Bielawy, Domaradzice, Dubin, Grąbkowo, Janowo, Jeziora, Nad Stawem, Ostoje, Pawłowo, Płaczkowo, Rogożewo, Nowy Sielec, Szkaradowo, Szymonki, Śląskowo, Zaborowo oraz Zmysłowo. Currently, (as for 31st December 2019) 7209 people live in the commune, of whom 2015 live in Jutrosin.
The commune is typically agricultural. It is the traditional agriculture that plays the leading role in the economy of the whole commune. An important contribution of agriculture in the economy of the commune is visible in the production, the employment and the source of income of the population. Almost 78% of the commune area is the agricultural land, 83% of which belongs to individual farmers. 15% of the commune area are the forests. The agriculture is characterized by the high level of plant and animal production. The particularly high results are achieved in such areas as the industrial plants growing as well as the cows and pigs breeding. Other dynamically developing branches are: meat industry, wood industry, building industry, agricultural products and food processing, transport, trade and services.A BIT OF HISTORY
The history of the Jutrosin land dates back to the distant time. However, the most important document for the beginnings of Jutrosin was the one issued by the Silesian prince Henry 4th Prawy from Otmuchów. The document comes from 15th July 1281 and Henry 4th mentions there the name Jutrosin and its location while confirming the exchange of goods carried out by Przemysław 2nd the prince of the Greater Poland. Throughout its history Jutrosin was the private town classed as the knightly location. Jutrosin belonged to such families as Frycz, Bnińscy, Kołaczkowscy, Konarscy, Leszczyńscy and Czartoryscy. The privilege given to the Silesian protestants by Prokop Stanisław Kołaczkowski had a beneficial effect on the development of the town. The process of settling Jutrosin by German protestants began pursuant to this Regulation. In the second half of the 17th century the town experienced a boom, the trade and craftsmanship were developing. A lead role was played by the textile industry. Apart from that, such crafts as clothing, timber, metel and ceramics were significant. In those days the fires of towns were very common. The great fire of Jutrosin took place on 6th April 1805 . Within few hours a half of town, the church and some public buildings were destroyed. In 1841 prince Adam Czartoryski became the new owner of Jutrosin. His churches are the integral part of the town history. The first mention of the church in Jutrosin comes from1420 and it says about the wooden church. Halfway through the 17th century the brick church was built in the place of the wooden one. However, the brick church burned down in 1805. The building of a new church started in 1900. For about one hundred years the parish church was the church dedicated to the Holy Cross. An important part of the architecture and the history is the town hall of Jutrosin. It was built in the place of the former wooden town hall during the last few years of the first half of the 19th century. At the end of the 18th century the town was agricultural in nature, whereas the craftsmanship and the trade supplied mainly the internal market. After the Congress of Vienna in 1815 Jutrosin again in borders of Prussian country. The aversion and conflicts between Poles and Germans started to increase. In the context of that many initiatives arised among Polish people. The aim of the initiatives was to arouse partiotic feelings and to keep the Polish property. In 1863 the first cooperative bank was opened in Jutrosin, and on 11th February 1872 the machinery ring was opened in Grąbkowo. The first chairman was Adam Chartoryski.
At the time of partitions the citizens of Jutrosin expressed their patriotic attitude on every occasion and they actively participated in the independence actions. The heroic citizens deeds during the Kościuszko's Insurrection, the Wielkopolska Uprising and the World War II are commemorated by the monument in the town square. MONUMENTS
The today's existing monuments are the testimony of the longtime and rich history of Jutrosin. The most popular are the sacred and manorial architectural monuments but also urban and rural buildings. In Jutrosin and the nearest neighbourhood there are some historic buildings, for example the palaces and manors houses surrounded by the squares, the churches, the town hall, the architectural assumptions of Jutrosin and Dubin. While visiting Jutrosin it is worth seeing the neo-Romanesque St. Elisabeth Church which was built in years 1900-1903 according to Tomasz Pajzderski's project. The founder of the church was prince Zdzisław Czartoryski. In the church there is a very valuable figural polychrome made by Antoni Procajłowicz and seven altars by Józef Mehoffer. The valuable monument is the wattle and daub church dedicated to the Holy Cross from 1777. In the main altar there is a cross from the 15th century and next to it there are two sculptures: one of Mother of God and the other of saint John from the 18th century. Another momument worth visiting is the town hall standing in the middle of the market square together with the whole urban assumptions and the buildings of Jutrosin from the 19th century. Other interesting monuments within the Jutrosin commune are also: the palace and park complex in Stary Sielec with the old manor house of Czartoryscy from the beginning of the 19th century, the manor house with a park in Płaczkowo and the farm buildings in Dubin.
Furthermore, the place that should also be visited is the Museum of the Jutrosin Area where many original exhibits and historical and traditional souvenirs were gathered.ECONOMY
Jutrosin commune is the economic centre of the differentiated structure and size of the economic entities. The agroindustry and the agricultural products and food processing are relatively well-developed. The trade as well as the craftsmanship and service companies functions well both in the town and in the countryside. Agriculture is mainly the plant and animal production. The main activity of plant production is the production of winter and spring crops, rapeseed, sugar beet, and corn. When it comes to animal production it it mostly the production of pork, beef and milk. Together with the highly developed pork and milk production the process of growing vegetables (ground and greenhouse) is becoming very popular. The agricultural character of the commune and the uncontaminated natural environment promotes obtaining ecologically clean crops in farms. It also creates the natural base for the development of agricultural products and food processing.
A significant development of various economic zones has occurred in recent times in the commune. There appeared numerous trade and service institutions of multiple nature. CULTURE, SPORT AND RECREACTION
Cultural life: The Commune of Jutrosin centers around Municipal Center of Culture which offers excellent Rooms( performance room for 250 seats). There are many amateur local artistic bands and sections: folk band Orlanie, youth choir ‘Ars nova’ and ‘Fermata”; dynamic senior clubs „Wrzos” in Jutrosin and „Aster” in Szkaradowo. Citizens have opportunity to spend their spare time in festiwal halls and fire stations. The Municipal Centre of Culture organises many artistic festivals, concerts, exhibitions, and discos for teenagers.
Since 1992 „ Wiadomości jutrosińskie”- local magazine is published.The main aim is to inform society of current affairs, present facts about homeland history.
In 1992 Jutrosin began partnership with French Municipality Potigny in Normandy. The Act of Agreement includes join action in the area of building European union, by getting know the culture and traditions of both countries.The association is working perfectly well; one of the biggest advantage of cooperation is holiday family Exchange in Poland and France.
Sporting activities: centers around sports club Orla, Students’ sports club in Szkaradowo, School Club Orla and The Friends Association of Sport. In Jutrosin there is a stadium with an area of 3,90 ha with sanitary facilities and sport pitches Orlik- started in 2011.It consists of football pitch and multifuncional sports field for handball, basketball and volleyball. Particular attention must be given to sport halls at the Primary School in Jutrosin, in Szkaradowo and at school Complex in Jutrosin. Our commune is a place where everyone can spend time actively, doing diiferent kinds of sports (horse riding, walking, jogging). The commune belongs to Tourism association of „Welcoming Wielkopolska”, the main goal is to develop tourism. Tourists can also stay in farmhouses, which offer wide range of acivities, many attractions and perfect holiday for everyone.EDUCATION
Education is also crucial. The local governmenet takes good care of its development. There are three kindergartens: in Jutrosin(with division in Płaczkowo), Dubin and Szkaradowo; three primary schools ( in Jutrosin, Dubin and Szkaradowo) and John Paul II Secondary School- which educates students in Upper Secondary School and Vocational School . Adults can gain extra education in Dydaktyk. All schools are equipped with modern computer labs with fast Internet connection.
Public library with two subsidiaries takes care of intelectual development. It contains rich collections, audiovisual documents, subscribes many magazines, yearly organizes „Book days”; the exhibition of books,art work, meetings with writers and poets.INVESTMENTS
Many important investments have been finished in recent times. All the investments have been made possibly by the activity of citizens, active cooperation with the District Council of Rawicz and Wielkopolska Marshall Office. The cooperation led to building good infrastructure( education and sport base for children and teenagers).Within the Union Project ”Village renovation and Development”we manage to renovate all cultural centres in nearby villages.One of the greatest investment in recent years has been the body of water. The construction cost exceeded 23 million zloty, largely it was finance by the European Regional Development Fundation. The water tank has influence the development of tourism, it enriched the landscape of aesthetic values of area of great scenic beauty. By the tank there are organised Polish Championship of Powered parachutes. Around the tank there is a path suitable for running, wal king, cycling.
In 2019 significant investments are foreseen: building sewage system i Szkaradowo- Ostoje, We have already gained 5 908 833,15 zloty , modernized access road plus pavements, lighting and a roundabout in Wroclawska street. We have created place for senior meeting in the frame of Senior + programme.